management consultant for a global, multi-million dollar portfolio of retail merchandising and inventory systems projects
including merchandise operations management, forecasting, planning, master data management, data warehouse & business
intelligence/reporting components. Defined and detailed project and integrated program plan requirements, including resource
management and reporting. Directed initiatives to establish consistency and compliance with standard corporate project management
processes, best practices, governance and reporting requirements.
Planned and coordinated the conversion of retail customer and trading partner Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) transmissions
from Legacy to enduring Enterprise Systems as part of a major applications conversion project. EDI transactions included purchase
orders, invoices, price changes, advance ship notices, promotional announcements, product maintenance, acknowledgements, and
electronic funds transfers.
* Project Manager for a new revenue generating, on-line, customer accessible banking application enabling
web access to securities portfolios for counterparty risk monitoring & analysis. Coordinated product, development, test
and implementation activities. Achieved production implementation and business acceptance in four (4) months.
* Facilitated a project to provide worldwide application and business support scalability for an on-line
global inquiry management product. Lead a cross-functional business transformation team to develop and implement the project
* Project planning & implementation consultant for
the outsourcing conversion of a major client’s legacy fund accounting processing and custody systems, including application
development, testing, and data conversion.
* Information Technology
Relationship Manager for eight client conversions representing $49.5B of assets under custody.
* Defined and implemented a project management methodology for converting
client facing technology deliverables (data reporting extracts, transaction messaging, client data access via the internet)
from one bank to another bank's systems.
* Development analysis and implementation planning for web-based
client information delivery reporting upgrades.
* Analyzed information
technology product introduction and change management processes to identify opportunities for reducing change related risk
to production processing and client reporting. Initiated risk management improvement project.
process analysis and functionality documentation (current baseline and future state) for a business critical end-to-end human
resources/payroll information management system.
* Developed and implemented an integrated change management approach
for controlling, evaluating, developing and implementing manual workarounds required due to loss of legacy system functionality
during the implementation of a human resources/payroll system.
* Planned and managed customer software platform migration
programs for an educational software services provider.
* Developed and implemented an information change management
control system for a food products manufacturer.
* Advised a medical school technology licensing office on developing
and implementing project based portfolio management and business development processes to increase pipeline visibility &
revenue, while reducing case workloads.
* Prepared and presented a patent marketing & sales plan to a technology
licensing office for a skin care treatment product.
* Advised a bioengineering technology institute on establishing
an operational methodology to facilitate managing day-to-day activities, business planning & development, technology transfer
and partnership management.
* Prepared and presented a model partnership development, marketing & sales plan to
a bioengineering technology institute.
* Prepared curriculum and instructional materials for comprehensive courses
in Operations & Project Management. Presented content for eight (8) on-campus and distance learning (on-line) sessions
to over one hundred (100) students.
* Prepared and presented a revenue generating seminar series proposal for a professional
* Organizational alignment project & project management methodology
for a premier high tech information technology (IT) organization.
* Corporate software introduction projects for a multi-billion
dollar high tech company.
* Corporate software program management process methodology for a multi-billion dollar high
Summary of Professional Project Portfolio
IT Project Consultant providing program governance and project plan integration guidance and tools for a major retailer.
* IT Project Manager Consultant
for an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) applications conversion project.
* IT Project Manager for a new financial services risk monitoring
and assessment product.
* Lead a business transformation project to improve scalability of an on-line inquiry
* Directed multiple financial systems conversions projects representing over $50B
* Development analysis & implementation planning for client information delivery
web reporting upgrades.
* IT Project Management for business systems application upgrade.
* Initiated IT Risk assessment and management program.
* Business process analysis and functionality documentation for a HR/Payroll information management system.
* Change management process for controlling, evaluating, developing and implementing
* Customer software platform migration programs.
* Information change management control system for an ERP system.
* IT enterprise applications architecture strategic
planning in ERP development & implementation environment.
IT applications roadmap.
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) project plan.
* E-Commerce & Business-to-Business
* IT project business process & requirements specification, business cases.
* IT product lifecycle solution delivery process methodology.
* Integrated project lifecycle
process with portfolio & resource management, funding & approval processes.
* Global IT organization operating
model, supporting organizational structure.
* Defined, documented & implemented a corporate software product lifecycle
* Directed corporate program management team consistency, continuous improvement initiatives.
* Corporate program management for a multi-million dollar product line.
* 10-20 concurrent
product releases, averaging one major release per month.
* Worldwide new product introduction readiness & cradle
to grave product lifecycle management.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION
* Project based portfolio management
and business development process.
* Skin care treatment product patent marketing & sales plan.
methodology for a technology institute – day-to-day activities, business planning & development, tech transfer &
* Partnership development, marketing & sales plan for a technology institute.
manufacturing introduction of new computer systems products from development to volume production.
* Hardware &
software product management.
* Product concept definition, architecture, project planning, development & introduction
of computer systems.
* Worldwide product planning & support for network storage
* Worldwide product support plans & rollout readiness coordination.
* Product serviceability, maintainability
& reliability technical requirements.
* Technical training curriculum & requirements.
* Start-up product
technical support planning for product & services resellers.
* Graduate level project
management course curriculum & instructional materials.
* Delivered instruction in classroom & on-line formats.
* Network storage product technical support curriculum & logistics.
* Corporate PM seminar curriculum, instructional
materials & logistics.